Flying School, Hatzerim, circa 1967. The standard Israeli Air Force camouflage scheme (from the mid-1950s to the mid/late 1960s) was in an Israeli manufactured paint. Dark Blue and Medium Brown uppersurfaces with Light Grey undersides, with the national insignia Magen David in six positions. The Fouga Magisters of the Flying School had Day-Glo stripes applied to the nose, tip tanks and fins, with white identification numerals on the fuselage.
Artist: © Peter Scott
Artist: © M.David Howley
Source: 'The Israeli Air Force, Part One: 1948-1967', Camouflage and Markings No.3, by Ray Ball