Serial: G-AKEP (c/n.6493)
This aircraft was obtained on 26th May 1948, and delivered to Israel on 9 June 1948 by South African national, John Harvey for use by the IDF/AF. It was soon damaged in a take-off accident, and did not fly again until 29 May 1949. Consequently it retained its cream colour and Red (Black?) British registration. Then it was registered 4X-ACK in May 1950 and remained in civilian hands until withdrawn from use in 1957.
Artist: © Peter Scott
Artist: © M.David Howley
Source: 'The Israeli Air Force, Part One: 1948-1967', Camouflage and Markings No.3, by Ray Ball