The second of three prototypes (note: the second 300-002 prototype is at the photo). Tested in middle of 1960s.
After the Second World War, Professor Willy Messerschmitt for some years worked in Spain where he designed the HA-200 jet trainer, which first flew in 1955. Even two years before, design studies were started on a small Mach 2 interceptor, designated P 300. This led to the construction of a glider as proof of concept vehicle (HA-300P). As Spanish interest in the project vaned and funds dried up, the whole program was transferred to Egypt.
The second prototype followed on 22 July 1965. With the Orpheus Mk.703-S-10 2200 kg engine, the aircraft was severely underpowered, but development of the planned Brandner E-300 did only progress slowly. Finally, the programme was cancelled in 1969, even though a third prototype with the E-300 had started taxi test already. 51-100, Helwan HA-300, preserved/Deutsches Museum Flugwerft, Egyptian AF marks, Schleissheim.